Thursday, March 26, 2009

Catching Up!

I can't believe a quarter of the year is already gone! This is just crazy! We have been so busy and the next few months are going to be even crazier!!!

So what has the Monter Family been up to. A LOT!!!

First I wanted to post pictures of our trip to American Girl Store in Dallas in February. This was my niece's Christmas present. I know a little late but I gave her a gift card for Christmas but wanted her to pick out her doll. We had so much fun! Bianca came with her Doll "Marisol". We bough Ashleigh her doll "Chrissa", We had the dolls hair done in the salon and then ate lunch in the cafe!






We had a great Valentines day! We have made it a tradition to stay in for Valentines. I bring out the valentines dishes (yeah I know) my good stemware and set the formal dining table which is a rare in this household! I cooked steak and lobster courtesy of Central Market and then we had a chocolate mousse for dessert and then later chocolate covered strawberries and of course lots of WINE!





The last couple months for Bianca has been playing basketball. The Buckeyes did really well this season. This will be her last year of Rec basketball. She goes to middle school next year! That is absolutely crazy! The team has been together for 3 years and the girls have grown so much as far as skill and they have they most awesome coaches. The girls were sad that this is the last year. Next year they will all be at different middle schools playing against each other! Buckeyes were undefeated in league play but lost in the last round of the tournament! They lost to a team they already beat. It was very disappointing to the girls but the bright side is they were asked to play in a Keller Select Tournament. The girls did awesome! They beat out 2 Select teams but lost in the final round. It was great experience for them!



Jerry started grad school which is very stressful. He has 4 classes. The good news its only for 6 weeks and he is half way through! I have 3 classes and I'm almost half way through. How do we do it I do not know. But we are both taking the summer off for R&R.

We had a nice relaxing spring break. We did nothing. Well not nothing, the kids and I played outside and Bianca and I had our annual spring clothes shop-a-thon! That was a lot of fun and we look forward to it every year!

Matthew started swim lessons last week. We are trying to break the habit of him holding is nose when he goes under water. We can thank Bianca for that one!! How is he going to learn to swim with one hand? LOL

Coming up we have Easter! which will be a nice relaxing 3 day weekend! I love 3 day weekends :-) We will be going to Savannah in May for 4 day weekend which will be nice to get away for a bit.

Summer!!! Only 9 weeks left until summer vacation! I love summer vacation. No school, no rushed mornings, no kids activities just FUN!!! We will get season passes to the water park and we swim ALOT. Just about everyday. Bianca will have a couple basketball camps but that is it. Jerry's nephew is coming to visit for a few weeks in June/July and we will most likely take them down to Austin/San Antonio for a few days. Then in July we are off to Disney World for 1 week and then 1 week at the beach for R&R.

Jerry and I wanted to try and get away for a long weekend just the two of us (VEGAS maybe, :-)) but I'm not sure we will have time to squeeze it in before graduate school starts back up in August. We will see. Maybe in the fall but that is harder because the kids are in school so finding somebody to keep the kids for 4 days is a bit of a challenge.

I'll be back around Easter to post pics of all the goodies Easter Bunny brings us :-)

No comments: