Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Fun!

Oh how I love summer. My second favorite time of year with the first being fall.

School is finally out, activities are over and now it's just the lazy days of summer. We got our NRH20 passes this weekend and will be chilling by the pool and the waterpark for the next 12 weeks :-)

Jerry and I just returned from Cabo. A nice little getaway for just him and I. We had a great time. Lots of R&R. Luckily only 5 more weeks to our family vacation in Disney World which gives us something to look forward to :-)

We have celebrated Bianca's 12th birthday (3 times). I dont even want to celebrate my birthday once any longer but she gets 3. We always do her friend party end of May since her birthday is middle of June and many people are away on vacation. Then on her actual Birthday June 13 I took her and 2 friends to NRH20 for the day. And then yesterday the 14th we barbecued burgers and ate yummy chocolate cake for the family at our house.

Now its on to planning Matthew Birthday in July and getting ready for vacation.

Here is a slideshow I put together for Bianca's first 12 years of her life. I've finally got all my pictures organized and working on getting the scrapbooks up to date. My next project is to get all the old videos off cassettes and onto the computer. That is going to be a chore! But I will be glad to get it all done.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Leanne! I can't believe you have a 12 year old. That's how old we were when we met!
She's a beautiful girl!
To answer your questions...
first I lightly sanded the cabinets with a foam sanding block (just roughed them up a little). Then I used "Liquid Sandpaper" (at Lowes or Home Depot - can't remember which one). Just follow the directions on the bottle. It acts as a bonding agent for the paint. Then I put on the primer, followed by a coat of cream paint. Many areas needed two coats, but not all of it. I still have to put on the polyurethane. It's time-consuming, but not hard and definately doable. I did this in our last house, too. Except after painting them cream, I glazed them with a mixture of chocolate brown paint and clear glaze. They looked great - but I was getting a little tired of the glazed look and was ready for a cleaner look this time around. You can do it!!!!