Sunday, August 2, 2009

Florida Vacation

We just returned from a 2 week vacation to Florida. First stop was Disneyworld for 7 days at Pop Century with Jerry's sister and the kids. We had an awesome time. It was a bit hot not what we are used to at Disney World since we usually go at Christmas or during cooler weather. Not sure I would do summer again. We are already planning our return for Christmas 2010 :-)

Jerry was only able to spend the first week with us and then had to go back to work. The kids and I then headed to New Smyrna to a condo with my parent's. We practically did nothing all week. Went to the beach, swam in the pool and ate lunch and dinner. We visited with my Aunt and Granny too. The kids had a blast but we were really ready to get home. 2 Weeks is a long time. It was the first time I took 2 week together but I have tons of vacation accumulated (6 weeks) so needed to use it. I'm ready to go back to work, can you believe it!

The next few weeks will be spent getting everybody ready to go back to school. All of us start the same week. 2 big milestones this year. Bianca goes to Middle School and Matthew to Kindergarten! Jerry and I continue on with graduate school.

We have a trip planned to California for Thanksgiving for Jerry's 20 year (gulp) reunion! After that not sure might go back to Florida between Christmas and New Years since my parents are moving there this month. Kind of nice to have both parents on both coasts now. Very cool places to vacation and visit :-)

No comments: