Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


I love holidays! My husband thinks I'm a nut! Most people think Valentines day is a commercial holiday, but aren't they all these days. I still love it; however, we dont participate to the extreme. We dont buy each other lavish gifts. I usually plan a nice dinner and get the kids something small. Jerry and I usually just exchange cards.

Matthew had his preschool party last week Friday, but Bianca's was today. We stayed up late finishing up her valentines. She bought regular Pirate of Carribean for the boys but did special handmade ones for the girls. They were really cute. We also made treat bags for all the kids and made cupcakes for her class party. I had to work in the office today so I could not attend her party but I left early to get our Valentine dinner ready. I did not cook this hear which was a bummer because I always cook but I've had crazy week at work and just did not have the time. So instead I set the table with my Valentine dinnerware and good crystal (kids got plastic champagne flutes) and we had takeout from Pei Wei, LOL!

Matthew and Bianca loved their new movies (Snow Buddies and Game Plan) and their boxes of chocolates. We then had sprinkles cupcakes for dessert, YUM!!!

Yes my husband thinks I'm nuts especially when he walked in with take out and I had the table all dressed with candles and crystal but you can't do that everyday and today is a day to do something special for your loved ones!

No comments: