Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Summer Vacation

I've been trying to decide what we should do for summer vacation this year. Jerry cannot take more than a week off at a time so I had to find something that the kids and I can do and Jerry join us later.

I think we decided to go to California this year. It's been a while since all of us have gone and since we have lots of family and friends we have not spent quality time with in a while.

So I got the spreadsheet out, LOL and started my planning. Yes every vacation of mine always starts with spreadsheet to outline a daily itinerary and budget! :-

Jerry and I already decided the week he is there he and I are going to do adults only trip to wine country and leave the kids with his parents:-). We're not going to go up to San Francisco but we will go to Carmel/Monterrey and then down to Paso Robles and Santa Barbara.

So I'm still planning the other 2 weeks. Being the Disney freak I am DisneyLand is definitely on the list. My two ideas are:

1. Do a theme park vacation. They have this thing called Southern California City pass which gives you 3 day park hopper to DisneyLand and California Adventure, 1 admission into Universal, 1 admission to Sea World, and 1 admission to San Diego Zoo. You can buy them at Costco for $217 for adults. If we do this we will do a couple days at the beach too and then just some relaxtion days visiting family and friends.

2. Do Disney Land and then a 5 day cruise out of San Diego to Cabo and back and then some beach days and relaxtion days.

I'm still on the fence. I would love to do the 7 day Disney Cruise from LA but it is so expensive and I really want Jerry to go with us if I'm going to spend that kind of money. Not sure I'm brave enough to take both kids on a cruise by myself :-)

Decisions, Decisions!

No comments: