Monday, February 4, 2008

Crazy Month

I been such a slacker on my blog lately. Things have been quite hectic with work and school resuming for spring sememster. Jerry's business is doing very well but the downside is he is at work ALOT. He has not been getting home some nights until 10-11 PM and he leaves at 6AM. I'm not complaining though, I fully support him in this and I'm so glad it's going well. I just have to pick up the slack at home with the kids and household duties. We just make sure we have some quality family time on the weekends.

Basketball season is underway and Bianca's team was kicking butt. They were undefeated up until Saturday. They were a bit bummed out, but this year it is 5th and 6th graders on same league. This team was almost all 6th graders and were freakishly tall, LOL. Bianca's is the smallest on her team of 5th graders and I thought our girls were tall, but OMG. Bianca scored 6 of the 10 points. The score was 10-18. She hates to lose and gets all grumpy she takes after her dad, LOL :-)

My grandmother has been here since mid January too. She has been rotating between my house and my uncle's house and she has decided she is not going back to Florida. So we have been searching for the perfect assisted living for her. We found a very nice one that we all agreed on last Friday, now we just have to wait for a room to come available since they are at capactity. That gives us time to get her furniture and furnishings for her new "apartment" (that's what she calls it) :-) We also can paint her room any color we want and fix it up and she is looking forward to having her own place again. The kids love having her here and are so excited she is staying. Bianca is already planning her slumber parties at granny's new apartment. We took Granny to eat at Babe's Saturday. She loved it, especially the mashed potatoes. Then we came home and had ice cream sundays.

I'll do a separate post on Hannah Montana, but the concert was so much fun!

My mom's birthday was on the 26th. We did a girls night out with about 7 of us and went to see 27 dresses. It was really cute. We then went to Ferrari's Italian Restaurant in Grapevine for appetizers, dessert and drinks. It was way too late to eat dinner. The food was awesome! I highly recommend the carpaccio and creme brulee. I love their pina colada martinis! I discovered them on New Years Eve and that is now my favorite place to stop for cocktails, LOL. I really want to try a full dinner there since the appetizers and desserts were so good.

Last but not least, the home organization is coming along. The old playroom is cleared out, Matthew's room is complete and looks so cute. I will get some pictures to post soon. His toys fit in there really well. Bianca is mad now though because he has TV and DVD player in his room. So for her birthday she is asking for a flat screen to mount on the wall. Where do they come up with this stuff? She said she is only asking for $$ for her birthday and she will buy it herself, LOL.

The Christmas stuff is finally put away and the guest room is back to normal. Now I just need to work on picking a paint color for the new office (old playroom)and get that transition going. Although I know it is probably going to have to be green. I already bought some beautiful drapes for the office and I think green is going to look the best with the color of the furniture and the drapes. Here is picture of the fabric for the drapes. The picture looked like it has a bit of teal color which is what I wanted to paint the room but I will have to go with a sage green. Will probably just use the same paint that is in my master bedroom :-)



So I guess I just summed up the whole month of January in one post, LOL. I promise to do better in February :-)

No comments: