Sunday, February 17, 2008

I finally did it!

I hired a housekeeper. I used to have one a few years ago (actually a few housekeepers) but decided I would just do it myself because I could not find anybody who would do it to my specifications. Yes I am very anal and if I'm going to pay somebody $100 to clean my house I want it done right.

Jerry has been working crazy hours since the business took off this past month. He leaves by 6AM and has not been getting home until 8,9, 10 sometimes even 11PM. Not to mention he has had to do several long haul trips himself because they did not have enough drivers. So this has left me to deal with majority of household duties, work full time and go to school part time, and I just cannot keep up with it. We're spending good part of our weekends catching up on everything instead of enjoying time as a family.

So I decided to take the plunge and hire a housekeeper again. I had to mentally prepare myself that I know they will not do it perfect but I have to just deal with it. At least they will accomplish 90% of it and that is time I dont have to spend doing it.

I found these ladies as a recommendation off message boards for my mom's neighborhood. They came with very good reviews so I gave it a shot. They actually did a good job and I'm happy with their work! Jerry was totally sweating it yesterday after we returned to the house after they left for the inspection, LOL :-)

So they are coming every other Saturday to do the entire house and then one lady is coming every other Thursday opposite of the Saturdays to do just the downstairs.

It's going to set me back $320/month but I think its totally worth it to save my sanity and my husband's, LOL :-)

No comments: